Morgan Pressel Visits

The Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter today received donations totaling $25,000 from the Walmart Northwest Arkansas Championship and Presenting Sponsor P&G. LPGA golfer Morgan Pressel visited the Children’s Shelter to present the gifts ($20,000 from the golf tournament and $5,000 from P&G) to Children’s Shelter Executive Director Steve Schotta.

Pressel toured the Children’s Shelter’s new 65,000 square-foot complex, which opened in April of 2011. The donations will be used to help fund the Children’s Shelter’s daily operations.

“On behalf of Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter, I want to express my appreciation to the Walmart Northwest Arkansas Championship and P&G for their generous donations,” said Steve Schotta, the Children Shelter’s Executive Director. “The Children’s Shelter operates on a $3.2 million budget, and the reimbursement we receive from the state only covers 20 percent of that amount. We rely on donor support to cover the remaining 80 percent. We are thankful to have members of our community who continually support the Children’s Shelter to ensure that we can continue to help as many children as possible.”

“The Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter provides vital resources to children in our community, and this donation will help them offer even more care and comfort to those in need,” said Tournament Director David Shoemaker. “We’re happy to partner with our tournament sponsors to make a positive impact on children’s lives.”

“Procter & Gamble is proud to help such a wonderful organization like the Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter,” said Jeff Schomburger, President of P&G’s Walmart Team. “As long-time supporters of the Children’s Shelter, we have seen a great amount of growth and improvement over the years. We know that our donation will help improve the lives of deserving children in Northwest Arkansas.”

Greg Russell, Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.